Preparation for Prostate Biopsy
- Enema Casen 250cc. 2 units.
- Ciprofloxacino 500 mg pills.
- Metronidazol 250mg. pills (FLAGYL).
If you are allergic, not take Ciprofloxacino and Metronidazol, and take Monurol 3gr. 1 packet 4h before the exploration (only 1)
If you take anticoagulant therapy:
- Aspirinas, Tromalyt, Disgren: not take them 3 days before the exploration.
- Plavix, Iscover, Ticlid: not take 7 days before the exploration.
- Sintrom: Visit your specialist.
- Oral Anticoagulants: ask to your doctor.
DAY BEFORE THE EXPLORATION:
In the evening take a Enema Casen de 250cc.
DAY OF THE EXPLORATION:
- Ciprofloxacino 500 mg. 1 pill every 8 hours.
- Metronidazol 250mg. 2 pills every 12 hours.
- Start the 2 treatments 4 hours before the exploration.
- Don't eat and don't drink anything 6 hours before the exploration.
- When you get up in the morning take another Enema Casen de 250cc.
- Bring with you coagulation tests (Protrombina and Cefalina).
AFTER THE EXPLORATION:
- Ciprofloxacino 500 mg 1 pill every 8 hours. 3 days more.
- Metronidazol 250mg. 2 pills every 12 hours. 1 day more.
- Avoid bed rest
- Seek accompanied.
- If you have discomform or pain take: Ibuprofeno 600 mgrs every 12 hours.
- It is normal rectal bleeding and urine during the first 2 days. In case of persistent or uncontrolled bleeding and fever over 38 º go to the emergency service or call us urgent
- It is normal the persistence of black or dark in the sperm 7 days after prostate biopsy.
Please contact with us in case of emergency (902 20 22 30)