- Do you know a more annoying noise than the buzz of a mosquito on hot summer nights?
If you’ve ever felt trapped in an endless dance with these pesky little intruders, you know how frustrating it can be to deal with their bites and their aftereffects. However, all is not lost, since there are effective strategies to prevent mosquito bites and fully enjoy the summer season.
In this article, we will present you with a series of tips and recommendations to keep these undesirable insects at bay, allowing you to live a peaceful and bite-free summer.
- Consider the way you dress. Cover us, as far as possible, arms and legs when night comes. Mosquitoes bite during the early morning and, specifically, are most active two hours before sunrise and two hours after sunset.
- When it comes to protecting ourselves, use light colored light fabrics. On the contrary, dark and bright colors attract mosquitoes.
- Avoid intense odors. Colognes, perfumes, soaps, sprays and body creams with sweet and floral aromas act as a magnet for these insects. Therefore, we will replace sweet smells with more citrus or aromatic ones during the spring and summer months.
- Take care of personal hygiene. Mosquitoes detect sweat and foot odor. Lactic acid, uric acid and bacteria that are concentrated in the areas of the armpits, fingers and ankles encourage them to bite us.
- At home, put mosquito nets on windows and doors. Especially in the rooms, to avoid being bitten while we sleep.
- Ventilate the rooms. By using a fan or air conditioning we will be able to separate them from our home. To achieve optimal ventilation in the room, we must remember to close the door and do so with enough time before going to sleep.
- Turn off the lights. If we are hot and we keep the windows open, we will try to leave the lights off as mosquitoes come to the light.
- Avoid flooding. Frequently renew the drinking fountains for domestic animals. In addition to emptying the water from showers, buckets, toys, ashtrays, potted dishes, as well as any other container that tends to accumulate water.
- Escape from areas of stagnant water. Wells, rafts or ponds are places where mosquitoes go and form their nests. In the event that we have swimming pools, ponds, tanks and water drums around us, we must cover them with tarpaulins, or cover them with 1 mm mesh mosquito nets.
- Use repellent. It is essential to follow the instructions for use and, if necessary, consult a pharmacist. Without forgetting to remove it with soap and water when we return home. If we expose ourselves to the sun, we must first apply sun protection and 20 minutes later the repellent.
At CreuBlanca we understand that prevention is always the best ally. Taking measures and following the recommendations provided by specialists is essential to protect our health and that of the people around us. In addition, in the case of experiencing unusual symptoms or abnormal reactions after a bite, it is essential to seek medical attention. We should never underestimate the consequences of a bite, as for some people, they can trigger adverse reactions and severe allergies.