What does it consist of?
You should be stretched on your back with your head resting on a cushion, the table will move until the abdominal area is in the center of the resonance equipment. The test can last from 20 to 45 minutes, during this time, you will have to remain as calm as possible, since the taking of images is not continuous but different image planes are made. Once finished, you will be able to continue with your daily life as normal.
If necessary, at the beginning of the test a technician will administer contrast to mark the area to be studied.
CASES IN WHICH IT IS RECOMMENDED
Who is it for?
Abdominal Magnetic Resonance is indicated for patients with nonspecific pain, suspected itraabdominal disease, tumors of internal organs, treatment planning and follow-up in cancer patients and functional diseases.
- Blood flow in the abdomen
- Blood vessels in the abdomen
- The cause of bloating or abdominal pain
- The cause of abnormal blood test results, such as kidney or liver problems
- Lymph nodes in the abdomen
- Masses in the liver, kidneys, adrenal glands, pancreas, or spleen.
How should you prepare?
- Contrast administration: It’s required.
- Metal objects: The technician will give you the necessary instructions, provide you with a gown and ask you to remove any metal objects (jewelry, watch, piercings, hairpins, mobiles, dental prostheses and hearing aids).
- Heart devices: It’s important to tell the technician about any devices you’re implanted in your body (pacemakers, electrodes, and clips from previous surgeries).
- Hydration and lactation: Drink plenty of water to eliminate contrast from the body. If you are breastfeeding, you should stop for 48 hours. You should discard breast milk.
THE SPECIALISTS WHO WILL ASSIST YOU IN CREUBLANCA
A team of professionals who take care of you
THE OPINION OF THE EXPERTS
You will find from the hand of our professionals tips to improve your health and information on the latest technologies applied in the medical health sector.