What does it consist of?
You should be stretched on your back with your head resting on a cushion, the table will move until the abdominal area is in the center of the resonance equipment. The test can last from 20 to 45 minutes, during this time, you will have to remain as calm as possible, since the taking of images is not continuous but different image planes are made. Once finished, you will be able to continue with your daily life as normal.
If necessary, at the beginning of the test a technician will administer contrast to mark the area to be studied.
CASES IN WHICH IT IS RECOMMENDED
Who is it for?
Abdominal Magnetic Resonance is indicated for patients with nonspecific pain, suspected itraabdominal disease, tumors of internal organs, treatment planning and follow-up in cancer patients and functional diseases.
- Blood flow in the abdomen
- Blood vessels in the abdomen
- The cause of bloating or abdominal pain
- The cause of abnormal blood test results, such as kidney or liver problems
- Lymph nodes in the abdomen
- Masses in the liver, kidneys, adrenal glands, pancreas, or spleen.